Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring in NY

While the South is heading full speed ahead in to summer, Upstate NY has, within the last 3 weeks, started really getting our spring. I guess we're late bloomers! (hahahahaha) This is the start of our 3rd summer here in Cooperstown and I believe that is year has been the prettiest. We've had just the right amount of rain and (while I think they are entirely to cool) the temperatures have been perfect for everything to starting blooming like crazy. This is also the reason why my eyes were swollen shut yesterday evening. (stupid allergies!) The other night it was nice enough for us to go on a long walk with the boys (aka. Gunther and Angus). I, of course, brought along my camera. Here are some of the shots...
our front porch


the beautiful tree outside our house




Angus looking quite Dapper among the tulips





Gunther happy per usual




these grow everywhere




The tulips are amazing this time of year!





I love it when it rains...
Have a great Wednesday Y'all!

5 comments:

Cassie said...

Those are incredible photos! I must admit, I am a little jealous that you get to experience such beauty...Texas has a lot of things...but nothing close to that!

Heather said...

WOW!! Your photos are amazing. And I too am jealous of the blooming prettiness. We always skip right through the fun seasons here (spring and fall). The boys look like they're enjoying life!

Heather said...

Hey! Am I not good enough to be added to your blog list?

Sadness.

Heather said...

KAMI! Update your blog so I don't get so bored at work.

=)

Cassie said...

Will you send me an email with the info about the man who makes attachments for Canon's? It was so great seeing you this weekend! I can't wait to get a sampling of the photos!! achenley@sbcglobal.net

And we'll let you know about NY in August...we are REALLY hoping to come to the Hall of Fame!

Thanks for all the photography wisdom you imparted on me...can't wait to open our studio:)