Thursday, January 22, 2009

There is a lot going on around here, but I can't blog about it just yet. However, I do have a question. Well....two questions really. When you were growing up did your family eat at the table or in front of the T.V.? AND those of you who are married with or w/o kids, have a roommate, or are living with someone. Where do you eat now? at the table? Just wondering. James and I are weird, (shocking, i know) but, sometimes we eat at the table, and sometimes we eat in front of the boob-tube and there's no rhyme or reason. When we were growing up we all at the table with the T.V. off! It was a big deal and still is to me. Have a good day! Another post coming VERY soon!
The picture is a groom's cake that I did a few months ago. Obviously, he was a huge Michigan fan!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Love the cake!

We ate in front of the TV, unless we were at Mum & Poppie's and then it was at the table, with no TV.

Now, me and my roommates eat in front of the TV. But that could be because we don't have chairs for our dining room table. :)

Jacquie said...

Growing up we always ate at the table with NO TV!! Now we eat at our bar in our kitchen usually with the TV on. I am hoping to start eating at the table as Lynlee gets older!

I love your cake and my dad would LOVE it also, he is a HUGE Michigan fan!

Bonniebeewester said...

It was a rule growing up that we ate at the table with the tv off. It's still a rule that the tv is off and absolutely NO CELL PHONES!!! (Whew, I'm sounding like a Nazi!) We, of course, make exceptions for OU football... :)

Holly and David said...

First, congrats on heading South!

I grew up eating as a family at the table, tv off, and everyone stayed until every person was done eating.

D grew up eating at the table, but not *together* - no routine really.

I'm attempting to get things going "my way."