Tuesday, February 03, 2009

the Pretenders

Last Thursday James and I got to go see the Pretenders kick off their tour in Albany! James and I are HUGE Pernice Bros Fans and their guitar player James Walbourne (incredible) is touring right now with them!
It was a pretty sweet deal! We sat 6th row dead center! It was a great concert, but we were definitely in a weird crowd! Walbourne was incredible, as was the rest of the band! I love live music and it was especially cool to see them that close up. (we also got to hang around after and talk to the band! Of course, we had to wait in line with a few crazies who wanted autographs . We're not big on autographs, having been through 3 Inductions and seeing grown men trample children for an autographs...it's not really our gig, just nice to be able to tell them we appreciate what they do!)
This security guy, who looked like my father-in-law with BANGS and a 3 foot PONY TAIL, yelled at me to put my camera away and told me there was "no photography rule" I didn't let that stop me, but some of them are kind of blurry since I had to take them super fast and couldn't use a flash! Anyway, here are some of the pics from the show.

OH YEA, and the opening band American Bang...was great! They are from Nashville and have an album coming out pretty soon that I can't wait to get hear. I hope these guys stick around for a while..they will either be around for years or all be in rehab in 2. So here are some pics from the concert! Enjoy!




Guitar player for American Bang



Lead Singer for American bang




Drummer-obviously



Chrissie Hynde










these guys were awesome!

this isn't a great shot-but like I said...I had to be fast and sneaky :)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

HOW FUN! How exciting to be on a "guest list" :)

Moriah said...

Kami!!

You are moving to Nashville Really soon! I have a proposition for you. I'm hosting a wedding shower for the daughter of one of my co-workers on March 25th and I was wondering if you might be willing to make the cake. It would just be a sheet cake (I'm not sure for how many yet) and I've already got an idea for the design. Let me know if you'd be willing. I know you'll have been here less than a month but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Let me know! {moriahfarmer(at)gmail(dot)com}