Monday, October 06, 2008

Fall

Fall is my FAVOURITE time of year for lots of reasons! A. College Football. 2. Baseball Playoffs D. the weather starts to get a little cooler. 4. Halloween is the best Holiday! and 5. Fall in upstate New York is stunning. Most nights James and I take the boys on an hour, or so, long walk. This serves a myriad of purposes. It get us off our butts, we have a little quiet time, and it totally wears the dogs out. This time of year is the absolute greatest. Last night we just walked around for about an hour an half. I, of course, took my camera. Unfortunately, we left a little too late so I wasn't able to get as many good shots as I wanted. But, you'll get the idea. Anyway, here a few shots from last night. I'll be posting more from days to come as the leaves turn even more.

This is James and the boys in Cooper Park

Angus just chillin in the leaves.


James playing with the dogs

Taking it all in!


One of the beautiful trees this time of year. You can see the red at the top of the tree! gorgeous!



leaves



the red ivy grows on a lot of houses!



Cooper Park



Again




This beautiful tree right up the street. At night the street light makes it look like it's on fire!
Anyway, hope you like these. I will be taking a LOT more the next few weeks!
Here's a joke for you:
Little Tony had been playing outside with the other kids for a while when he came into the house and asked his Grandmother: "Grandma, what's that thing called when two people sleep in the same room and one is on top of the other?" She was a little taken aback, but she decided to just tell him the truth "it's called sexual intercourse, darling." Little Tony, just said "oh, okay." and went back outside to play with the other kids. A few minutes later he came back in and said angrily "Grandma it isn't called sexual intercourse, its' called BUNK BEDS, and Jimmy's mom wants to talk to you!!!!"
Cheers, y'all!







6 comments:

Jacquie said...

I love seeing pictures of people's towns that actually have a real fall. Those pictures are beautiful and I am so jealous! That red ivy is cool, it looked like the house was painted red.

Cassie said...

I need to move to New York.

That joke was too funny...I totally wasn't thinking bunk beds, either:)

Heather said...

Fall? What's that? ;-)

I'm hoping to see some beautiful trees and whatnot when we go to Indiana next weekend (my Dad's family is up there).

Excited!

The photos are awesome!!

Leigh Leigh said...

Great pics! Can I move in with you?

sillentexas said...

Needed a laugh this morning. That was hilarious! Love the new background. love you. dad

Jenny Wilkinson said...

We were just thinking about you both while watching the Texas/Oklahoma game today. I like the new look and I think I may want to move to New York because of your pictures.