Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Funny Story...to me, anyway!


As most of you know we have two dogs, Gunther the brown dog who looks like Benji and LOVES attention, and Angus. Angus is special. He's a Scottie. He's somewhat anti-social and....Jaunty. Yep that's the perfect word to describe him..he's Jaunty. Anywho, when James or myself comes home , generally both dogs will greet us in a matter of minutes. Gunther is normally waiting by the back door and Angus reluctantly follows suit. Today, I've been home working on wedding pictures, and converting my cake recipes for a cake I have to do next week. James came home around 11;40 to have lunch. (We have a guy who's repainting our house per our landlord's request, so i've kept the dogs downstairs with me, otherwise they would bark constantly) So, I had just seen them not 10 minutes before James came home. He walks in the back door with his normal "HI" to let me know it's him. Gunther comes running out...but no Angus. ( not so weird). But we decided to try to find him anyway. So we're both calling his name.....that doesn' t work (but it rarely does), then I try "wanna go outside?" (now, this is generally a sure-fire way to get that dog to show his face...but STILL no Angus. So now we're a little concerned. we can't find him anywhere. Then I see this..
Just to give you a better idea of where this dog decided to hide. This is an armoire in the corner of our dining room. (Please excuse the large stack of magazines, James was supposed to take those to the hospital a while ago) If you look closely in the bottom picture you can see how we'd miss him. :)


Okay, so next story. I'm weird, that's no secret. We live on a fairly busy street in Cooperstown. People really like to look into our house...I don't like it when people look into our house and I'm not going to close the shades on a perfectly good day or evening when there is plenty of natural light. Well to put a stop...or actually just to entertain myself this is what I put IN THE WINDOW. I think it s' fantastic. It's mask that I wore in a dance I choreographed that I put on a bendy-neck (?) lamp. :) (insert maniacal laugh here)
I made Banana bread today, I can't have it because i'm allergic to bananas, but James likes it! :)oh, and I made the bowl!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You made the bowl?

What? Details.